For ages, every time Levi and I ordered or dined at Pizza Luce, we had to order their P-Nut bar. Delicious crunchy peanut butter goodness with a coating of dark chocolate made this treat irresistible. Finally, it occurred to me that the recipe would probably not be too difficult to figure out and replicate, and I’m so glad I did! The first try was surprisingly successful, and I’ve only had to tweak it a little bit to end up with my final recipe. Go on and try it for yourself, or don’t, because I can guarantee you’ll have a hard time having only a reasonable serving. Oh, and it’s vegan!
- 1.5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1.5 cups granola (I used Nature’s Path Hemp Plus)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (I add less to cut back on sugar and it tastes just as good!)
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 cup vegan chocolate
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance or other vegan “butter”
- If you have a food processor available, pulse the crisp rice and granola for a few seconds. I didn’t use mine for this picture’s batch since I was short on time, but it does look a bit more aesthetically pleasing if you take the time for it.
- In a saucepan, heat vegan butter and peanut butter until soft enough to mix. Meanwhile, mix together the crisp rice, granola, and powdered sugar. Then combine the mixes. Set aside.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with wax paper, making sure the paper covers the sides as well. Use the same saucepan to melt the chocolate. Then, pour a thin layer of the chocolate into the pan.
- Let the chocolate layer cool slightly, then pour the peanut butter mix on top and spread evenly.
- Pop the pan into the freezer and let it set for an hour.
Before serving, I recommend letting it warm up in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Pour yourself an icy cold glass of soy milk to wash it down, and enjoy!